In order to maintain a healthy smile, it is important that one of our A+Dentistry dentists performs comprehensive examinations of your overall oral health. Using advanced dental technology, such as digital x-rays, we can effectively monitor the condition of your teeth and identify early signs of decay.
A full examination of your dental health.
Your Comprehensive Examination
At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will perform the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
Comprehensive exams allow our professional staff to assess the condition of your gums and their position along your teeth. Early detection of periodontal disease can save your smile. Our knowledgeable staff will work with you to develop an examination schedule that matches your oral health requirements.